This travellers blog is where you will find many things - latest news, the musings of our experienced staff and much more. We plan also to use it as a pictorial knowledge. Let us know if you would like "how to" instructions and we will put them here.
Planning an On Foot Holiday? Back to News
Tuesday 03rd May | Posted by On Foot Staff
Are you thinking of booking a walking holiday with On Foot this year? Not that we want to twist your arm (perish the thought!), but here are a few pointers to help make the booking process as quick and easy as possible for you.
- Firstly, the more notice you can give us, the better chance we have to secure the dates and accommodations you prefer. In the current rush for bookings, we need at least a month’s notice before your start date, and now is the time to think of booking for the European summer and autumn.
- Browse our website to decide where you want to go or call us for advice. Consider how much walking you’d like – most routes have shorter and longer options. Look at the grading to decide what will suit you, and whether you would like extra nights.
- Work out how you will travel to the holiday and home again. Our website suggests the easiest access by air, rail and road. Research flights or trains to find your best route, bearing in mind that flight schedules might dictate your start date. Don’t book anything yet, but please have this information to hand when you contact us.
- As Covid restrictions ease, entry requirements for many countries are being dropped, but check the advice of your government to ensure you’ll be able to travel.
- Contact us by email, phone, or via the reservations form on our website, and give us as much information as you can about your party, preferred start date, and some alternative start dates in case we can’t secure all the hotel rooms for your first choice. Most routes offer a saving for parties of three or more walkers, so long as you are all on the same itinerary and booked at the same time. Now is the time to also make sure you’ve read our booking conditions, especially regarding payments.
- Once we’ve started making your booking, do look out for messages and emails from us, as there will be more questions along the way that need answering promptly. As soon as we have confirmed that all your hotels are available, you can start to book flights, trains etc. When we have all your details, we can dispatch your Walkers’ Pack which has a lot more information to help with your transfers and making your holiday the great experience that you expect it to be.
So, having got the admin out of the way, what’s it to be? Maybe a perennial favourite such as Southern Tuscany, or the physical challenge of the French Alps or a long distance walk on the Lighthouse Way. Or get away from everyone on the remote paths of Northern Portugal or Lycia. Whatever your choice, we’re looking forward to talking to you soon!